4 Day Course
This Level 2 course in MoT Testing (Classes 4 & 7) gives learners the knowledge and skills required to perform MoT tests to the required standard on Class 4 & 7 vehicles. Once passed, new MoT testers can apply to the DVSA for their Certificate of Competence and begin conducting MoT tests.
This is a lifetime qualification, which means that it will not expire, and holders will be considered professionally competent for the rest of their lives. MoT Testers will be required to complete the DVSA Annual Training Requirements each year and the DVSA can withdraw Tester Status if conditions are not met.
Course duration is 4 days with a minimum of 8 hours practical training.
Once the candidate has completed the course, we’ll visit their place of work and carry out a Practical Assessment of the candidate completing an MoT Test.
The Level 2 Award in MoT Testing will teach you:
- Safe working practices in Testing Centres
- Working relationships within the Testing Centre
- How to manage professional development as an MoT tester
- How to carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- How to carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
In order to take the Level 2 Award in MoT Testing, learners must have:
- Have a Level 3 Motor Vehicle qualification
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes to be tested
- Have at least four years full-time employment in service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested and be a skilled technician
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MoT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be ‘of good repute’
With four locations around the UK you have a wide choice of venues to complete your MoT Training. Alternatively, we can come to you if you have a suitable training room and facilities .*
*Training at your venue requires minimum candidate numbers and we will conduct a venue survey and risk assessment to check suitability. The MoT Club can supply all necessary IT equipment to complete the training.
Maximise Technician Efficiency
For your convenience we even visit your premises to complete the Demonstration MoT test, saving you travel time and money. **
The candidate will complete the Demonstration Test in a familiar environment which increases their chances of passing and the employer can have them back to work soon after, maximising workshop efficiency.
** Additional time is required a few weeks after the training course to conduct the Demonstration Test, we may need your MOT bay for up to 2 hours.
If you’re already a member of the MoT Club you get substantial discounts on our training.
Once the Demonstration MoT Test has been completed and passed the technician must apply for the DVSA MoT demonstration test at https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/login
Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements to attend this course. See the link for more information https://www.gov.uk/become-an-mot-tester/eligibility