Congratulations on passing the Level 2 MoT Testing Exam!
The next step is to practice your MoT Testing routine, we recommend you complete 8-12 simulated MoTs with an assistant, and log these on the MTS in training mode.
Once you feel comfortable with the MoT routine and you’re ready to be assessed please book your Demonstration MoT Test by completing the form online, providing your name, phone number and the name and address of venue where you wish to carry out the demonstration test :
BOOK YOUR DEMONSTRATION MOT TEST
When we receive your request for the Demonstration MoT Test one of our Regional Assessors will be in touch to arrange a date and time to visit and assess you.
Should you fail the Demonstration MoT Test there will be £100 + VAT reassessment charge, so it is important to practice the routine and to be familiar with the MTS system before booking your appointment.
Once you’ve passed your Demonstration Test with The MoT Club, we’ll send out your certificate to signify that you’ve successfully passed the Level 2 Award in MoT Testing qualification. Next you will need to contact the DVSA to book your final assessment with them.
How to book the Demonstration Test with the DVSA
You can book your demonstration test once you can carry out an MoT test without any help and you have received your Level 2 Award in MoT Testing Certificate.
- Sign in to the MoT testing service – your account should have been created when you did your qualification course.
- Go to your profile section and select qualifications.
- Add your level 2 MoT testing certificate number and choose where you want to do the demonstration test – you’ll need the ID number of the training centre or testing station.
- Request a test by calling the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). You’ll need your user ID from the MoT testing service and the name and ID number of the test location you chose in step 3.
- DVSA will call you to set a test date – this can take several weeks. If DVSA has not called you within 4 weeks, you can call them to get an update.